The Royal Victorian Aero Club – Celebration 100 Years of Aviation
The Royal Victorian Aero Club was first formed at Point Cook, October 28th 1914 – By two army officers under flight instruction and a flight instructor. The club still hold the original handwritten notes from this first meeting.
They formed the Australian Aero Club associated with the Royal Aero Club of Great Britain. After WW1 it was reformed to maintain wartime flying skills and to train new pilots. In 1925 the club moved into Essendon. In 1935 the Victorian Section was granted Royal appellation. The club then moved to Moorabbin 1949, and were also responsible in forming a number of country aero clubs throughout Victoria. The club today has about 500 members, with about 240 flying members. The club is actively involved in all levels of flight training both privately and professionally. More information available on the web site www.rvac.com.au
Cheers Peter – VK3PH President of EMDRC Inc.